Sunday, May 17, 2009

Busy Weekend.


Janet Frankie and Brad

We had a really busy, but fun weekend. We went camping with Brad's Family near Grantsville and also had a bike race in Heber. We went up camping Friday night with David, Sammi and her boyfriend, Kirk. We got up there about 5pm and set up our rented RV. (I'm thinking that Lolly is not a tent camper any longer, that RV camping is the life for me) and just hung out until about 9:30pm.





We then headed home, leaving Sammi, David and Kirk to fend for themselves for breakfast the next morning. We slept in our own bed and got up early and headed to Heber for a race. It was a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky (which you can tell from my bright red legs) and I watched my husband grab a second place finish!!! He rocks! Waited for the awards, headed home, showered grabbed the dogs and some clothes and back out to Grantsville.

Coming in to finish

2nd Place!!

We got there about 4pm and now had time to just sit back and enjoy family. I had fun taking pictures of all of our nieces beautiful children. They were so cute, even with dirt from ear to ear.







I could take pictures of Brookie all day.

Had great Dutch Oven for dinner which Brad, Marty, Frankie and Janet cooked for us. Not Much food left, it was great. We played a family game of porker and then hit the sheets.


Cooking Dinner

Morning arrived beautiful (and already warm) Janet made her world famous "Biscuits and Gravy" Then Brad, Sammi, Kirk, David, Sandy, Marty and myself hit the 4 wheelers and headed up North Willow Canyon. This is an amazing canyon, and this time of year when everything is still green and a bit of snow still on the peeks, well out comes the camera and I have to make everyone stop for the "shot"

North Willow Canyon

When you take rides in this country, you have to take a moment and thank Heavenly Father for the beauty, it is breath taking.





Group Ride

Later that evening, the kids came over and we headed up American Fork Canyon (near our home) to take Kirk fishing (he had not caught anything near Gransville). We packed dinner (but Brad and I forgot our fishing poles and how lame is that when you are going fishing) and enjoyed the evening up there. Kirk did catch one fish, but so small he had to let it go.


David

Sammi & Kirk


Sammi and Tusk

We came back to the house and then said our goodbye's and this was hard. Sammi is moving back to Las Vegas tomorrow and David also is wanting to move back, so he is heading down there in the morning also to look for work. Well we are really empty nesters now! Not sure how I feel about it, but I guess that they have to grow up and find out who they will become. Love you both.

1 comment:

Lisa Mc said...

WOw Lolly, what a great weekend! Everyone looks great! Congrats Brad on the race! I am with you on the camping thing, we did our time! I saw Krisite Prestwich at my stake meeting tonight.Her little guy has Autism, middle of the road. I would love to take that 4 wheeler ride, and tell Janet I want her recipe for the biscuits & gravy LOve ya! I am going to see Ryan tomorrow!