Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ryan's 24th

Today our Ryan would have been 24 years old.



What would he be doing?



Would he be married, have a child?



What would he be doing?



Miss him everyday. Miss how loud he was, the house was just to quite when he was gone..



I miss him coming home from school and yelling out "Woman, I'm home!"



I miss that flash of red hair and those brown eyes.



I miss our talks,



I remember once when he was 3 and Sammi 2, I was pregnant with David. They were in the tub and Ryan kept asking me to get in with them. After a bit I said "Fine" when and got on a bathing suit (being 8 month pregnant not getting in without it) and when I started to get in, Ry turned to Sammi and said "Now watch how deep the water gets!!!"



I miss all of the car rides to Utah in the Summer and how much fun we all had with playing the ABC game and listening to fun books on tape on the way to Grandma and Grandpa Sneeds.



I miss our trips to Seattle and showing the kids around the city I love. They always loved the Market and the ferry rides across the sound.



There was an article in the paper once that asked "If you could spend the day with someone who has died, who would it be and what would you do?"



Well that is an easy answer for me. I would spend the day with Ryan and I would love to watch him play hockey. He loved that game. From the first time he ever set foot on the ice....that boy was in love. Sometimes, someone is given a gift and his was on the ice. He just floated across the ice. He was a true puck hog, but it was always a joy to watch him.



There have been empty holes on vacations, Holidays, and just in everyday life, but I do have peace in my life knowing that you are well and with others who love you. You are with Heavenly Father and best of all, with Christ.



This was a sad year with the loss of one of Ryan's dear friends. Robi Sundell passed away in Oct. It was such a sad loss, but in some ways I was happy for Ryan to have a great friend now with him. Boy I hope that they are not causing to much havoc.....



I love you Ryan!!!



Mom

8 comments:

LAYTON FAMILY said...

What a beautiful post, Lolly!

Unknown said...

-I miss the time that Ryan had come over to the Ozawa's house he and Carlos De Lapaz harpooned me and wrapped me in Saran Wrap!

-I miss the time when he took allof his "girlfriends" to the strip to see that show "Aqua De Laguarda"or something like that!

-I miss the time when i went to EFY with him a few weeks before he died and he wouldnt take a picture with me, so I had Sammi go hold his face and I snapped a picture I will hold that picture forever in my heart!
-I remember the time when Lauren my sister was suppose to pick me up from Leavitt middle school and to my surprise Ryan was driving with her!
-there is SO MANY great and wonderful things that i could go on with but these are a few of my favorite, he spent his time here on Earth!he will always be missed and loved by everyone that knew him!

John and Marissa said...

It's really nice to hear memories about him and smile. He truly was a great kid. Perfect post.

Megan and Doug Albright said...

Thank you Lolly for sharing your memories with us. How grateful we are for your entire family, and also for Ryan, for knowing him, and knowing the great guy he is! I am sure he continues to make great things happen

Chris and Elaine said...

I enjoyed reading these memories of Ryan. I always picture him sitting on our couch home teaching us with his quick, handsome smile.

Theresa Rodriguez said...

What a sweet post! It definitely required me to return to my bathroom and reapply the makeup that washed away with some tears. Your strength is empowering and I am POSITIVE those boys are causing some real havoc "upstairs".Thanks for sharing. :)

jade said...

thank you for posting some photos of him!

Andria said...

You are such a sweet mom. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It was really nice to hear your memories of him. My thoughts are with you!!