Sunday, July 6, 2008

Janes Visit





Jane is here for her 3rd summer visit and we are having fun. We started with a fun trip out to Grantsville for the 4th of July Parade. It was HOT, but we still had fun. David brought his super soaker to spray down the people going by, and we learned that by doing that, we got a lot more candy tossed our way. Some of it quite hard, but still free candy. When a little league baseball team went by and he sprayed them, well they were ready with water balloons and boy did they get him good. We all had a great laugh.



Later that day we drove up to Park City for the rest of the weekend. We saw some great fireworks sitting in the park. On Saturday, we went up to the resort while Brad and David rode bikes (I know, surprise), it was also Brads birthday. At the resort, we did the zipline, climbing wall and the super slide. I was a bit unwilling to do the slide, but we were there after 5pm and got 2 for 1 tickets, so up the lift we went and then down on a little thing, I did have fun, but felt sorry the kids behind me. I was a little slow. Oh well.













Brad and David also were able to ride the Mid Mountain Trail (sorry John and Marissa) and really had fun. We do enjoy having Jane and time go to fast when she is here. We sure do enjoy loving in Utah and all the fun and beautiful things we are able to do outside during the Summer months. Yes we know winter will come back, but until then we just love it here.

6 comments:

Summer said...

We love you guys. Thanks for being such great neighbors. Love the Stricklands

Lisa Mc said...

Looks like alot of fun!!! I can't believe how BIG Jane has gotten!

Chris and Elaine said...

Your story about water guns and candy reminded me of a time in college when I was in Milford, UT for the 4th. I thought it was really fun that they threw taffy to all the onlookers until I got hit with one in the middle of my forehead!

Unknown said...

aww looks like you guys had SO MUCH FUN! im a little jealous lolly!i love when you post new things on your blog! i love to just keep up with all the fun things you guys have been up to! tell sammi to get a blog!

Jordan & Heather Wong said...

Looks like you guys are having tons of fun! that slide looks way fun! I miss you all so much! hope all is well!

Andria said...

Lolly!!!! It was so good to see you today and I am glad to see you blogging. Keep it up! Our blog is called- mccaulfamily.blogspot.com